stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Just received my "Always and Forever" stamps from gina K. LOVE IT!!!!  Am having issues with embossing it.  I think I have enough ink on it (Versafine) and when I stamp it the "bride and groom"  the stamp is good the embossing is very pitted.  I've tried reinking the stamp pad, using Versamark, and still not happy with the results.  Any suggestions?

Views: 455

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for yr replies...will start with new embossing powder and ask my guru hubby as well

I have had issues with embossing too in the past and find that after adding the embossing powder to an image, I then heat the cardstock from underneath. It takes a bit longer to emboss but it eliminates the separation of the granules better. And, directly heating over the top sometimes scatters the EP and then you don't get a good coverage. It is worth trying at least that way. I especially have trouble with embossing when it is more humid.

I totally agree with Cheryl about the small stamps.  Also great for a bunch of stamps and do one stamping.  Especially when making a number of the same cards like for a set.  Figure out your desired pattern of stamps, line them up on the practice sheet (card size) then push stamp press down and pick up those stamps, and have at it.  Then, re-ink and keep going down the assembly line.  You can even mix colors by stamping the same color bunch, then removing and stamping the NEXT color bunch and on down the assembly line.  Just use your very first practic stamping as your cheat sheet.  Line all the stamps up where you think you want them, face down and push that stamp press down, and viola, you are ready to go.  It's lovely when something works well.  As for the bigger full card stamps (background stamps): I normally ink my largest stamps, face up, and then put the cardstock down on top, and scrap paper over top of cardstock, then  I rub gently on top of the entire surface.  Always keep one hand steady on the scrap paper so you don't shift the cardstock underneath.  (scratch paper is to keep hands from getting inking then messing up the card...grrr...LOL) It works like a charm.  I was so frustrated with the larger stamps and uneven stamping, so I tried the face up method, and haven't looked back.  I think we all try to push too hard. I know I did.   It seems like the thing to do, but it really isn't because what you really want is coverage, not smearing.  BTW, I didn't make any of that up, I learned it from others, videos, classes, and etc.  So yeah, really nice when you get good coverage the first time.  No waste, no frustration, and really good results!  Hope that helps, also.  LOL 

Cheryl Wright said:

I use it for small stamps too, Lisa.  It has grid lines which make it very easy to line things up.

Lisa Babitz said:

The stamp press sounds like a great tool for large or solid stamps.  I tend to push down too hard and unevenly and get smudged images.  I do a lot of "do-overs" when I use these stamps.  This sounds like it may solve the problem.  Thanks!

When I did my acetate wedding card using this stamp set, I also had a bit of trouble getting it to melt smoothly on the bride and groom since the image is so big and flat.  (The sentiment embossed fine.)  I ended up heating the image, letting it cool, and then heating it again.  That seemed to even out the embossing powder that didn't melt that well the first time.  Just another suggestion that worked for me in addition to all the other thoughts posted.

I've done that too, Lisa.  But forgot about it until now!

Lisa Babitz said:

When I did my acetate wedding card using this stamp set, I also had a bit of trouble getting it to melt smoothly on the bride and groom since the image is so big and flat.  (The sentiment embossed fine.)  I ended up heating the image, letting it cool, and then heating it again.  That seemed to even out the embossing powder that didn't melt that well the first time.  Just another suggestion that worked for me in addition to all the other thoughts posted.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service