stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

I'm curious to know if anyone who has both the new amalgam black ink and Gina K's black onyx ink pads - if you stamp side by side with the two ink pads, is one darker black than the other?

I'm very excited about the amalgam ink pad!

Thanks!

Views: 154

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have both.  I tried taking a photo for you, so you could see them side-by-side.  Not a great photo.

Black Onyx is on the bottom one, Amalgum is the top one (thinner piece of paper).

I think the Amalgum looks darker, for me, when I use it in the Misti and stamp more than one time.  I use the cube and do not own the reinker.  The Black Onyx is pressed onto the full size pad and it has a re-inker so I do keep it pretty juicy.  Maybe someone else can give you a good photo where you can see both side-by-side.

I’m in love with the new Amalgam Black ink!!  I color with copic markers and love how much darker it is compared to Memento Tuxedo Black. Oh, I do have the Black Onyx Ink too...it’s been parked in my ink holder since the release of the Amalgam Black  ink. ❤️

I’m with Sheri - use the Amalgam ink as I tend to color - add SN Sparkle markers, Wink of Stella, or Zig markers and it doesn't smear.  Generally stamp it twice in my Misti.  

If I’m not coloring I love the black onyx! I thinks it is a richer darker color and don’t have to restamp like I do with the other.

Thank you!  It looks like amalgam is a little bit darker, right?

lovinpaper said:

I have both.  I tried taking a photo for you, so you could see them side-by-side.  Not a great photo.

Black Onyx is on the bottom one, Amalgum is the top one (thinner piece of paper).

Thank you Sheri!

Sheri Gilson, GKD DT said:

I’m in love with the new Amalgam Black ink!!  I color with copic markers and love how much darker it is compared to Memento Tuxedo Black. Oh, I do have the Black Onyx Ink too...it’s been parked in my ink holder since the release of the Amalgam Black  ink. ❤️

Okay, thanks!

Beth Green said:

If I’m not coloring I love the black onyx! I thinks it is a richer darker color and don’t have to restamp like I do with the other.

Thanks!

lovinpaper said:

I think the Amalgum looks darker, for me, when I use it in the Misti and stamp more than one time.  I use the cube and do not own the reinker.  The Black Onyx is pressed onto the full size pad and it has a re-inker so I do keep it pretty juicy.  Maybe someone else can give you a good photo where you can see both side-by-side.

Good to know Beth, thank you.

Beth Green said:

If I’m not coloring I love the black onyx! I thinks it is a richer darker color and don’t have to restamp like I do with the other.

Thank you Sheri!



Sheri Gilson, GKD DT said:

I’m in love with the new Amalgam Black ink!!  I color with copic markers and love how much darker it is compared to Memento Tuxedo Black. Oh, I do have the Black Onyx Ink too...it’s been parked in my ink holder since the release of the Amalgam Black  ink. ❤️

Thanks

Beth Green said:

If I’m not coloring I love the black onyx! I thinks it is a richer darker color and don’t have to restamp like I do with the other.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Get Social with us!

    

Badge

Loading…

© 2018   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service