stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Just received my first Ink Cube.  I got the Amalgam  Ink Cube and (don't laugh) I can't even open it. I can't believe how much I struggled with it.  It was a mess when the lid finally did pop open!  Gee I now have beautiful black fingernails and cuticles.  Are all these cubes that hard to open or did I just get a defect? I would like to get more but I don't want to get out the pliers or screwdriver to get the lid off.  HELP!

Views: 204

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The ink cubes that I ordered had circle tape on two sides.  The full size pads open a little harder but I would prefer that than having the lids fall off!  Check for the tape.

I think my cubes were all wrapped in shrink wrap,but none were hard to open, though they do fit snugly. Someone posted on Facebook a picture showing that she had dropped all her cubes and the lids were all over the place. I'd rather have them fit snugly than have a mess like that. I have noticed that some of the full size pads are hard to open but nothing like you've experienced.

I do sometimes struggle opening the ink cube sized pad.  I have not had many issues with the ones from Gina.  They get easier to open as they get used.  Sometimes I find turning the pad and trying a different angle helps when it seems difficult to open.

Confused- what is Delima?? Did you mean dilemna?

Hi Kathy!  NO, cubes arent usually that hard to open at all!  You can contact customer service at the store and tell them and I'm sure they will take care of it!  How strange though!  I wonder if weather affected or something....because I can honestly say Ive never had a problem like that with the cubes.

you say dilemna ....I say dilemma,,,,oh the debate goes on!!

BUT, I do think we all know what Kathy meant.  :D

Karen Knegten said:

Cat, I think the weather affects the ink pads and cubes - always hearing Gina and others say they have never reinked their pads but in Arizona I have to reink every 2-3 months.  Learned a long time ago to never buy an ink pad with out a refill.  and mine are hard to open when new - could be they "melt" a little in transit - especially if was like yesterday at 110!  Hugs!

Cat GKD DT/Moderator said:

Hi Kathy!  NO, cubes arent usually that hard to open at all!  You can contact customer service at the store and tell them and I'm sure they will take care of it!  How strange though!  I wonder if weather affected or something....because I can honestly say Ive never had a problem like that with the cubes.

I have a couple of the ink cubes that I ordered recently that are much more difficult to open than the older ones.  I have to be careful the lids don't fall off some and some are difficult.  I think it just depends.  I found that on the ones that are difficult to open, if I grab the bottom one direction and the top piece the other direction, so fingers on all four sides, and wiggle a bit, they come open.  I have gotten a bit of ink on my fingers a couple of times, but the more I do it, they do get easier to open.

Diana, I live in Phoenix and haven't had to reink my ink pads in more than two years on some of them.  I'm thinking you stamp A LOT!  Good for you.

I keep an old dinner (butter)  knife on my desk, to pry open any difficult ones.  Don't use a knife that could cut your finger though, if you "slip"

Thank you everyone for your responses.  I don't feel so bad now knowing that some of you are having the same difficulty. I was beginning to think I was getting to be a little weakling in my old age!  LOL!!

What is dilemna, Karen.....lol. Just giving you a hard time! XO~

Karen Knegten said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2018   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service