stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

I hope that someone could possibly help me out with this. I bought a box of After Eight Mints and want to decorate them, so that I can give them out at our company christmas dinner. As you know, these mints are already in a small package, but I would like to make a nice envelope for it, that I could slip the mint into (just like a small package that holds a tea bag). I am going to try and attempt to figure something out on my own, but seeing all the beautiful items on this site, I am positive that there is someone out there with an idea that I could try. I would really appreciate it.
Thank you very much!

Views: 55

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I had this same idea last year and I am sorry to say it did not pan out for me. I was going to tuck them into teabag holders which I found a template for on SCS. When I opened the After Eights, I realized that they were in sleeves that were open on one end. I had planned on doing these far in advance and feared they would get stale and yucky. I ended up going with the limited edition Giradelli peppermint bark which was sealed. I can not find my template but it was a strip scored in thirds and a diagonal cut made on the last third then what remained folded into the second third to form a pocket. I punched a hole and tied it shut with ribbon.
Thank you very much for your reply and your help. I will try to find the Giradelli peppermint bark and make my little goodies with these. I actually have a pattern for a tea bag holder that I took from one of the stamping sites. Again, thank you very much.

ma54k said:
I had this same idea last year and I am sorry to say it did not pan out for me. I was going to tuck them into teabag holders which I found a template for on SCS. When I opened the After Eights, I realized that they were in sleeves that were open on one end. I had planned on doing these far in advance and feared they would get stale and yucky. I ended up going with the limited edition Giradelli peppermint bark which was sealed. I can not find my template but it was a strip scored in thirds and a diagonal cut made on the last third then what remained folded into the second third to form a pocket. I punched a hole and tied it shut with ribbon.
I don't know what these mints look like but since they are already 'packaged' can you use the Stampin' Up! Christmas Tag set and attach them to a card with this stamp on it?
Put them in a clear plastic bag tied a ribbon on it with a tag. If not can you not make your own template for them. Like the Hersey chocolate bars are done. I don't know if this help maybe put up a picture of them and see what everyone thinks.
Valentina, Theresa did a tutorial for a matchbook candy holder that holds one of the Giradelli candies perfectly. You can find Theresa's tutorial Here

I hope this helps.
Brenda,

Thank you very, very much for your help. I think that this will work perfectly and actually, I will now put in Peppermint Patties in this card, as I could only buy Peppermint Patties that are sealed in a square shape, I cannot find mints just wrapped in a circle.

Once again, thank you for your help. I am not off to my workspace to make up 30 of these little cards.

Brenda said:
Valentina, Theresa did a tutorial for a matchbook candy holder that holds one of the Giradelli candies perfectly. You can find Theresa's tutorial Here

I hope this helps.
Valentina, I found the little holders I was telling you about and I posted a photo on my blog if you still need an idea! I can thing of quite a few Gina K. stamps that would be adorable on these! http://lakesidestamping.blogspot.com/2009/12/little-project-to-shar...

Valentina Deker said:
Thank you very much for your reply and your help. I will try to find the Giradelli peppermint bark and make my little goodies with these. I actually have a pattern for a tea bag holder that I took from one of the stamping sites. Again, thank you very much.

ma54k said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service