stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

A great place to talk about all of your tools and products!

The tools and products category is a great place to discuss all of the latest tools and products that you love to use for stamping and scrapbooking. Have a question about Copics, The Scor-pal or Pure Luxury Card stock? Here's the place to ask!

Views: 94

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Judy/Disney lover said:
Okay, I'm pretty computer illiterate. Can someone please explain how to download these gorgeous papers? I don't understand what "extracting files" is and I don't think I have Microsoft Picture It. (told ya I was computer illiterate LOL) :o)

What type of computer and operating system are you on?
I have a Dell with Windows XP

Amy H said:
Judy/Disney lover said:
Okay, I'm pretty computer illiterate. Can someone please explain how to download these gorgeous papers? I don't understand what "extracting files" is and I don't think I have Microsoft Picture It. (told ya I was computer illiterate LOL) :o)

Judy/Disney lover said:

Amy H said:
Judy/Disney lover said:

Have you downloaded the files?
Ummm, I start to but it ask where I want to download them to and there it has me, I don't have a clue! I have downloaded things before and could never find them afterwards and I don't want to loose these.

Amy H said:
Judy/Disney lover said:

Amy H said:
Judy/Disney lover said:

when you click on the attached files you receive you'll get some prompt to open or save it. Click save. It will ask for a location. Choose a place you'll remember to look! I put all my cards, stff I upload everything into a folder called Melanie/Pictures. Then it should say above it extract files, click on that. then it'll put both digi folders into that spot. when you click on each, they will show you all the separate sheets that come in that pack. Click the one you want and get busy playing! :)

Judy/Disney lover said:
Ummm, I start to but it ask where I want to download them to and there it has me, I don't have a clue! I have downloaded things before and could never find them afterwards and I don't want to loose these.

Amy H said:
Judy/Disney lover said:

Amy H said:
Judy/Disney lover said:

I have Microsoft Picture It 7.0, but I hear PSE is GREAT! I'll do mine and you do yours, I'm sure you'll teach me a lot! I know just enough on mine to get by/be dangerous! ;)
here's a closeup of my card (look Ma, no layers!) except the flower of course :)

Emily Giovanni said:
Mel - what program did you use for layering? I could do a tutorial on that in PSE if you'd like.
YEAH! It worked! Thanks so much!!!! :o)

Melanie Muenchinger said:
when you click on the attached files you receive you'll get some prompt to open or save it. Click save. It will ask for a location. Choose a place you'll remember to look! I put all my cards, stff I upload everything into a folder called Melanie/Pictures. Then it should say above it extract files, click on that. then it'll put both digi folders into that spot. when you click on each, they will show you all the separate sheets that come in that pack. Click the one you want and get busy playing! :)

Judy/Disney lover said:

Amy H said:
Judy/Disney lover said:

Amy H said:
Judy/Disney lover said:

all right - I'll work on a tutorial this week. And if you have knowledge of drop shadows and such, you can make it look like it is actually real cardstock layered - with depth!
Ok, what is PSE?
That means PhotoShop Elements. :) It's a popular program that digital scrapbookers and photographers like to use. It's pretty cool! And, it's also pretty easy to learn.

Cathy/catdidit said:
Ok, what is PSE?
I have the Essential Glue pad. I have not had any problems getting the glue off of my stamps. I use diluted Simple Green to clean all of my stamps. I've used it with both rubber and clear stamps. The down-side to this type of pad is that you need to re-ink it with glue pretty much every time you use it. And if you don't use it for a while you should rinse it under warm water in your sink and totally re-ink it. But it does work with glitter and flocking much better than Heat & Stick in my opinion.

Linda said:
I have a question about the stamp pad that is glue. Is it hard to work with? Is it hard to get that glue off our stamps? It is better with one kind of stamp or the others? I bought the glue pad and haven't used it yet. LOL I guess I am afraid of the unknown.

Thanks for the help
Something that the gals who don't use the computer as much as others might not know is that you have to have a program to upzip the files such as WinZip. You can get a free trial version (which I have been using for years) at CNET:

http://www.download.com/WinZip/3000-2250_4-10003164.html

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service